AmazingCounters.com

Thursday, August 9, 2012

50 First Dates & (500) Days Of Summer

I'm currently in love with these movies.


50 First Dates; a movie about Henry Roth who never believed in love until the day he met Lucy. He fell in love and thought that Lucy is the girl of his dream until the day he found out that Lucy has short-term memory loss and she won't ever remember Henry anymore the next day so Henry should make Lucy fall in love with him all over again, for the rest of his life.




Lucy   : I don't know who you are, Henry... but I dream about you almost every night.... why?

Henry  : What would you say if I told you that notebook you read every day used to have a lot of stuff about me in it? 

Lucy    : I would say that that makes a lot of sense. 

Henry  : You erased me from your memories because you thought you were holding me back from having a full and happy life. But you made a mistake. Being with you is the only way I could have a full and happy life. You're the girl of my dreams... and apparently, I'm the man of yours. 

Lucy   : [barely able to contain herself, she reaches out and shakes his hand] Henry. It's nice to meet you. 

Henry  : Lucy, it's nice to meet you too.





 --------


 And also (500) Days Of Summer; a romantic comedy movie about Summer, a woman who doesn't believe in love and  Tom, a man who falls for her for 500 days.

Narrator   : As he listened, Tom began to realize that these stories weren't routinely told. These were stories one had to earn. He could feel the wall coming down. He wondered if anyone else had made it this far. Which is why the next six words changed everything. 

Summer    : I've never told anybody that before. 

Tom          : I guess I'm not just anybody. 



"Most days of the year are unremarkable. They begin and they end with no lasting memory made in between. Most days have no impact on the course of a life. "

0 comments: